Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

We had a great weekend! Mom & Jilly dressed up and went to a girls tea party at church:
Mom got to spend some time alone (Paul slept most of the morning) on Sunday while Jilly & dad went to church and the castle park (Paul is in that stage where he must be in constant motion, so if I attend church I can't sit in the service anyway!):
And I got a new bag (thanks Richard!) and chocolates and flowers from my super cute, super sweet kids who are cutting mom a HUGE break today and both napping so I can do this post, YAY!!!



(Found his hands this week! Ohhhh....ahhh....what ARE those things?)


And finished the weekend off with a fun BBQ at a friend's house! She is the mom of TWO adorable little boys!
Whoa Jilly!


A cute parting butt shot:
Four month appointment this week. Last week Paul rolled back to belly and back again twice! I have to hold him in place to make him practice tummy time or he just rolls over and boy does that make him mad! He is still "ah goo"ing and starting to blow some little bubbles. His sister is a little smarty and when we go though her alphabet cards out of order can name the letters, missing just 1 or 2 and swapping it for a similar one (like M or W - and then when prompted, "no, turn it upside down," she corrects herself). She can spell her name and looks for letters on all kids of labels too and has started to apply the sounds to some of them. The other night at dinner she told us "P is for park!" then looked at her plate - "P is for pasta!" and so on. Love these little nerds! Hope everybody had a great Mother's Day, especially that Grandma & Oma!

3 comments:

  1. Love Paul's little monkey bum! Being a reading teacher, I am so glad to hear about Jilly's progress with her ABC's. She is almost ready for Starfall.com--a fun (and free) ABC game that teaches letters and sounds with interactive pictures and sounds. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so impressed about jilly's ABCs...makes me so proud to have such a smart daughter in law at the age of almost 3. I wish i could get Fin to sit and work on his ABCs.
    Paul is looking so much like Richard and i love that baby bum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute, cute pictures. Hope to see you all soon and finally get to meet Paul.

    ReplyDelete