Paul has arrived, a little bit early at just less than 34 weeks. He is 5 lbs 11 oz and 19.25 inches long. Right now he is in the NICU and will probably be there for at least another week. He was breathing on his own but has been given a little oxygen to help him out. We're very blessed to have such a healthy boy born this early, the doctors say he is perfect and will have no problems.

Jamie did great today and was awesome during delivery. She is recovering at the hospital and can vist Paul whenever she wants. I'm sad to not be able to have my wife and new son at home but Jilly and I are watching some new Disney movies we just picked up for just this occasion.

We'll keep everyone updated and pictures posted as quickly as possible.



Wow. Thanks for posting these so quickly Richard. I'm so proud of Jamie and hope that Paul is home with you guys soon. Please tell Jamie I said congratulations and tell her that I love and miss her! Thanks Richard. You're so awesome for taking a few minutes to share this with all of us who are anxiously waiting for the updates.
ReplyDeletePaul looks like a perfectly formed, beautiful baby boy! We can't wait to see him in person. Thanks for the timely update, Richard.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What a sweet little boy. Gosh I was reading the New Year post yesterday and got pulled away so I couldn't finish it so I was just coming back on to finish that post and found this surprising news! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. I guess it is a good thing Jamie that you "cook them fast" since your children like to arrive into this world a tad early! I'm sure Jillian is excited and can't wait to meet her little brother. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, what a surprise! Just going through my daily internet checks and lo and behold, saw Paul had arrived early. So glad to hear both he and mom are doing great. I bet Grandma Juanita is on cloud 9. Congratulations Jamie, Richard and Jillian too! I bet Jilly can't wait to hug and kiss her new baby brother. How exciting!
ReplyDeletethanks richard for posting and for texting me yesterday. i'm so happy for the both of you. give paul and jilly kisses from me.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! We are thrilled that he is here and HEALTHY! He is such cute little guy. I enjoyed the video clip and his little grunts- so sweet that it gives me a bit of the baby bug;) Hope he gets to go home very soon to meet his big sister!
ReplyDelete